Friday, March 4, 2011

My Childhood Experiences(:


Hi readers, today I would like to use one of the blog prompts to make a blog post! The blog prompt is: What memories of your childhood come to mind as you read about Scout’s experiences?
In my opinion, Scout led a fun and free childhood, having Atticus as her father, she could pick up many life values, but at the same time, have fun in her childhood. She also had two close companions to play together, like Jem and Dill. By acting out all the different stories like Dracula, I am certain that Scout greatly enjoyed her childhood, despite being picked on and mocked in the later part of the story because of Atticus defending Tom Robinson. Also, with the rumours of Boo Radley and the Radley house that was right next door, it really added a lot of colour to her childhood, which was definitely different from the mostly mundane ones of most of us today. Now, I shall share some of my more memorable childhood experiences.
I still remember, in my primary school, there was a supposedly haunted toilet on the fourth floor. I first heard this rumour in Primary Four, and at that time, all of us were still young and gullible and believed in this rumour. We would always go up to the fourth floor during recess, and dare each other to go into the toilet, where it was rumoured that blood came out from the taps and that the toilet cubicles had ghosts living inside. As we grew older, we grew more mature and eventually, we were disinterested in this baseless rumour and during recess we decided to partake in more meaningful activities like playing basketball.
Other than the example I stated above, I have one more example to share. I still remember in Primary Three, I was playing with some other kids in my neighbourhood, when a sudden thought of mischief drifted into our minds. We disliked an old man living in our block, as he was very grumpy and hot-tempered. We decided to go to this door, knock and shout “You big fat pig!” and run off afterwards. None of us thought of the consequences, as we were still very young and everything revolved around having fun. After the deed was done, all of us dashed off afterwards, but sad to say, he spotted one of us, and eventually all of us were reprimanded by our parents. However, as we were still young, we brushed off the scoldings soon afterward, and continued playing and causing mischief afterwards.
Now that I look back on all my childhood experiences, instead of being ashamed of how immature I was, I actually laugh at my past experiences. It is extremely refreshing and amusing recalling how I was so mischievous in the past. Despite all the mistakes and trouble I caused, I don’t actually feel extremely remorseful for anything, and if I could turn back the clock, I would not change a thing!
Cheers,
Roystan (:

No comments:

Post a Comment